- Duke Environment Magazine: THE COMMUNICATION DILEMMA: PhD Student Patrick Brown Discovers Just How Quickly Climate Change Results Can be Misconstrued
- Gizmodo: The Most Insane Claims From the Climate Conspiracy Manual Just Sent to Thousands of Teachers.
On the stability of unforced global temperature
- SciWorks Radio: Understanding Human-Driven Climate Change
- TechTimes: Long-Term Global Warming Not Unpredictable, Needs External Drivers: Study
- Christian Science Monitor: Did the climate spin out of control on its own?
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory News: Long-Term Global Warming Needs External Drivers
- The Economic Times: Global warming not driven by natural forces: Study
- Duke Chronicle: Researchers work with NASA to explain causes of global warming
On the pace of global warming over the beginning of the 21st century
- Real Climate: Global warming and unforced variability: Clarifications on recent Duke study
- Media Matters: 9 Times Scientific Researchers Stood Up To Right-Wing Media For Distorting Their Climate Studies
- Accuweather: Middle-of-the-Road Warming Scenario Most Likely, according to New Study
- Science Daily: Global warming more moderate than worst-case models, empirical data suggest
- Media Matters: Duke Researcher Denounces Rush Limbaugh’s “Ridiculous” Distortion Of His Global Warming Study
On the origin of unforced variability in climate models
- Science Daily: Climate models disagree on why temperature ‘wiggles’ occur
- Science World Report: Climate Models Conflict When it Comes to Explaining Temperature ‘Wiggles’
- Reporting Climate Science: Climate models disagree on why temperature wiggles occur
- Space Daily: Climate models disagree on why temperature wiggles occur
- Neue Zuercher Zeitung (Swiss newspaper)
On the causes of unforced variability in climate models
- Climate Lab Book: Top-of-atmosphere contribution to unforced variability in global temperature
- And Then There’s Physics: Oh no, now I need to eat my words!